Breakpoint mechanism (breakpoint.c)

Hello,

I'm trying to port GDB and I can't quite understand what's happening with
the breakpoint mechanism in
breakpoint.c

I've overwritten all of the set breakpoint modules in gdbarch.c, to go to
one of my functions that prints
"hello", but none of them are ever called.  Whenever I try to set a
breakpoint, gdb just acts like the breakpoint
was successfully set.

It looks like the work is setting the breakpoint is done in
create_breakpoints which calls set_raw_breakpoint.  I just
don't see where it goes from there.  As far as I can tell, it never calls
any architecture specific code or does anything except a few prints and
setting a few state variables.

A little help?

James Z. Liang
Dept 5931