GDB 6

The sole objective for GDB 6 was to have GDB multi-arch. Since Joel has now committed a change that multi-arch partial's the HP/PA, and all architectures can be built multi-arch partial, it can be argued that GDB has technically reached this goal(1).

Given this, I think the next release of GDB should be named ``GDB 6''.

In doing this, there is an oportunity to, identify as obsolete (but not actually delete) a few extra bits.. The following come to mind:

- non event loop platforms
- DWARF (a.k.a., DWARF 1)

People with systems that rely on said features can always download the GDB 5 series debuggers.

With regard to annotations, someone [me] still still has the documentation and testsuite to update (....). That, I think is the only ``must have'' thing for the next GDB release. Other things such as NPTL et.al. are obvious nice to have (and probably will because more people are motivated to get them in :-).

Andrew

(1) Just ignore the cleanup that will eventually follow, oh and that one of the SPARC and HP/PA variants still need some work.