Re: (remote) hellishly slow single stepping over library calls

> > Would this problem also exist with the normal remote protocol?  (stupid
> > users...clicking step instead of next....;-)
>
> What about using the T-format with a value of PC to report status, instead
> of using the S-format, for the purpose.

We're not using gdb's remote protocol but rather our own.  I see from
remote.c though that T-format is just an expedited reply with just a signal
and the appropriate registers.  I'm assuming that each target would be in
charge of knowing what it needs to put in these replies and when to use
them.

I'll look into implementing that sort of thing on our end.

Thanks,

Kris