calling functions in gdb sometimes doesn't work

Hi,

with gdb 5.2 (Solaris 5.8) sometimes calling a function,
e.g. hello(){printf("hello\n");}, results in the following message:

(gdb) p hello()

The program being debugged stopped while in a function called from GDB.
When the function (hello) is done executing, GDB will silently
stop (instead of continuing to evaluate the expression containing
the function call).

When I try to continue my program it appears as if this function didn't get
call at all.
Unfortunately this doesn't happen with simple example programs.
The program I'm debugging is threaded (maybe this has something
to do with it).

When I switch back to gdb 5.0, calling functions in the same program
works just fine.

Does anybody have an idea what's causing this.

Thanks

Klaus

|  Klaus Zeitler      Lucent Technologies  |
|  Email:             kzeitler@lucent.com  |
---
Oh, I don't blame Congress.  If I had $600 billion at my
disposal, I'd be irresponsible, too.  -- Lichty & Wagner