Re: dwarf-frame.c question

[ Pasted from web archives, sorry.  ]

Mark Kettenis:
>  Andrew, it seems that we should tweak the frame code
> to make sure that frame_unwind_by_pc is always passed a PC *within* the
> function.

Andrew Cagney:
> True, but how? It would effectively be frame_unwind_address_in_block() but
> how reliably/where could it be used?

Careful; this silliness of subtracting one is not universal.

ABI's with more thought in them (e.g. IA64) require the compiler
to put *something* after a noreturn call that ends a function.
This being a relatively uncommon case, it does not add much code
size, and it solves some of the ambiguity problems you're seeing.

r~