gdb scripting questions

hey,

I was looking at programming gdb, and couldn't find a good source on the scripting of
gdb! What's up? I want to be able to have a couple of commands that dereference and print
out various data structures..

Also, I noticed that you can't say:

(gdb) c; x <some variable>

why not, what's the separator for commands? It would be really cool to put five commands
on the same line and chain them together this way via <return> rather than having to
say, alternate between the five via up arrow...

And finally, I noticed that this group is not being archived by google.. I've posted that
fact to google, maybe they'll rectify it..

Ed

(ps - if you could email me at esp5@pge.com as a response, as well as posting to the list,
I'd appreciate it. thanks.)