Re: init.c: No such file or directory.

On Monday 09 June 2003 15:17, Daniel Jacobowitz wrote:
> Then I don't know what's wrong.  MUST you use DWARF?  Is DWARF-2 an
> option?
>
> I seem to be saying this a lot lately.

Heh, I installed the glibc source:

15:38:06 dative@padmanabha:~ 0 > gcc -gdwarf hello.c
15:38:18 dative@padmanabha:~ 0 > ~/bin/gdb ./a.out
GNU gdb 5.3
<snip>
(gdb) list
1       /* Special startup support.
2          Copyright (C) 1997, 1998 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
3          This file is part of the GNU C Library.
4
5          The GNU C Library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
6          modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public
7          License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either
8          version 2.1 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
9
10         The GNU C Library is distributed in the hope that it will be
useful,
(gdb)

Unfortunately it does look like I do have to use DWARF.  I tried a few other
options and none of them would work with the Absoft compiler, and nothing in
the docs that say anything other than 'dwarf'.  So.  Heh.  I dunno.

Thanks for your help.
-ben