Re: Updating to Autoconf 2.5x

Andrew Cagney <ac131313@redhat.com> writes:

>> As you all know, the configure scripts for GCC, GDB, and binutils must
>> be generated with autoconf 2.13.
>
> GDB and BINUTILS use autoconf 000227 and not 2.13.

I didn't know that; thanks for the clarification.

>> At the recent GCC summit it was agreed that we
>
> I guess the royal ``we'' here is GCC?

Quite a few binutils and GDB maintainers were present at the
discussion I am referring to, and they agreed as well.

> Fortunatly GDB (binutils?) also see a need to get off the current
> autoconf and as such, I personally welcome this move.

Glad to have you on board.

> How does nathaniel and dj's work fit into this - its kind of a logical
> next step.

Good question.

> I think it would be better if this list was hosted, and made part of
> gcc.gnu.org.

Feel free to set up a list on gcc.gnu.org; I do not have the access to
do that.  I felt that as a short-lived list, the precise hosting
location did not much matter.

zw