Red Hat logos on FSF web pages (was Re: Updating to Autoconf 2.5x)

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 12:40:31PM -0400, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 08:56:51AM -0700, Mark Mitchell wrote:
>>That's all well and good, but the basic point certainly remains: we've
>>worked very hard to make GCC appear to come entirely from a machine
>>named gcc.gnu.org, and similar work has not been done for GDB, binutils,
>>glibc, etc.  Red Hat domain names and logos appear frequently on those
>>web pages.
>
>If anyone has specific examples, I'll see about getting this changed.  I
>didn't see anything at a quick glance.  I know that the cvs instructions
>(obviously?) specify sources.redhat.com but I don't know why there
>should be Red Hat logos on FSF projects.  That's just wrong.  FWIW, I
>removed some of the more flashy logos from some of the
>sources.redhat.com web pages a while ago.

Hello?  Anyone with examples?

I would rather not leave these insinuations hanging since, IMO, it
reflects badly on my company and I want to get any improprieties fixed.
Putting Red hat logos on any FSF web page is clearly wrong and putting
any redhat.com addresses other than sources.redhat.com on the web pages
is pretty iffy, too.  I just took another look at some project web pages
and didn't see any evidence of this behavior so I need help to get
to the bottom of this allegation.

Or is this maybe another urbane myth like "gdb never builds", oft-repeated
and wildly inaccurate?

cgf