Re: Emacs section of Gdb Manual

 > > It could be updated but as the Emacs manual has a relevant section
 > > (Emacs-> Building-> Debuggers) and its interaction with Gdb is evolving,
 > > I suggest that the Gdb manual refers to this section.
 > >
 > > I will be happy to rewrite/update this page if anyone wishes.
 >
 > Woulda common section be possible?  Something that both the EMACS and
 > GDB manuals could share (well, ok GDB would steal from EMACS)?
 > Something like the readline chapter.

AFAIK the Emacs manual says nothing about readline. The two manuals address
the subject from opposite directions, so perhaps the emphasis is different.
The Emacs manual goes into more detail than GDB developers might wish. So I
think that, after a brief description, it would be best for the GDB manual to
point to the Emacs manual. This has the added advantage that only one manual
need be updated when Emacs interaction GDB changes.

Nick