Re: qSymbol

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 11:08:21AM +0900, Raja Saleru wrote:

For the fourth time, please fix the year on your computer if you wish
to continue this conversation.  Having your mail sort to the stop is
very annoying.

> Hello Sir, the following is the function definition,
>
> static void
> linux_look_up_symbols (void)
> {
> #ifdef USE_THREAD_DB
>   if (using_threads)
>     return;
>
>   using_threads = thread_db_init ();
> #endif
> }
>
> assume that I am interested in only process debugging, but not thread
> debugging,
> so I am not defining USE_THREAD_DB macro.
>
> I am getting confuse... why target sending symbols to host (gdb ) ?
>
> If I compile the application at host side as re-locatable and relink it at
> target side, the sybols are there at host side only.
> the corresponding values at target side. This is what I thought.. what will
> be solution in this case ?
> can you carrify me more in details ?

qSymbol is a mechanism _for the target_ to ask the _host_ about the
address of a symbol.  You appear to have the opposite problem, so you
will need something different.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz