Re: Dwarf2-related Internal error

Michal Ludvig writes:
 > Hi Daniel, Elena and others,
 > this problem is still present in recent HEAD - could anyone who knows
 > the internals of symbols handling and .debug_info please help me with
 > fixing it, please? I tried to debug it myself but got quickly lost in
 > all those symbols<->types<->other_types references and couldn't find
 > where the problem originates.
 >
 > Also pointing out the right direction where to look for the bug would
 > help me a lot :-)
 >
 > BTW I also filled a PR with a very nice number 1333 for this issue.
 >
 > Thanks in advance!
 >
 > Michal Ludvig

I don't have much time to devote to this, but usually that kind of
error is generated by some infinite loop that gdb got itself into.
Does the same happen for 386? Maybe comparing the two would help. If
the problem is in generic code you should see the error there too.  If
not, step the two side by side and see if the x86-64 does something
weird.

elena