Re: Interface to GDB

"Manoj Verma, Noida" <manojv@noida.hcltech.com> writes:

If that is the case, just for an idea .........
is it possible if I somehow bypass the CLI related code from the GDB source
code and call the basic functions like set_breakpoint(), remove_breakpoint()
etc..etc.. from my IDE code..

If any one has done similar things, pl. provide some guidance..

I think MI is pretty useable.  But for what it's worth, Insight, the
Tcl/Tk-based GUI for GDB, works the way you describe.

http://sources.redhat.com/insight/

Trying to mimic insight would be asking for trouble. Insight's overreliance on GDB internals means it breaks when ever GDB improves its own design c.f., diassembler cleanups.

Remember, part of the long term MI road map is to get it implemented as a thin vineer each command having a 1:1 correspondance to a published interface.

Andrew