Re: macros/726: Internal GDB errors with current GDB snapshots and-gdwarf2-3

On Fri, 19 Sep 2003, Jim Blandy wrote:

> Christopher Faylor <cgf@redhat.com> writes:
>
> > On Fri, Sep 19, 2003 at 06:29:09PM -0400, Michael Elizabeth Chastain wrote:
> > >I think it's good to send the patch to gdb-patches as usual,
> > >and then mail to gdb-gnats with a URL that points to the patch.
> > >That means you have to for the patch to show up in the gdb-patches
> > >archive, but that takes just a few seconds.
> >
> > Just as an aside, I'm wondering if it is time to consider switching
> > to bugzilla.  I think bugzilla handles this issue a little better.
>
> Does bugzilla allow you to CC the bug on E-mail messages, the way
> GNATS does?  I love that, and I haven't seen bugzilla do it.

Uhh, of course.
It's even much simpler than the gnats handling code, because it's a simple
database operation.

The bulk of the code (a couple hundred lines of perl) is devoted to
parsing out and handling attachments in the email (while a perl module
handles most of the details, we still have to do stuff with the data
itself, make up a filename for stupid mailers, etc), as well as verifying
permissions and issuing new accounts for new users.