RE: GDB/ELF/Cygwin source path problem

Hello Kris,

>That worked fine until recent updates in Cygwin (around Sept. 1 2003)
>environment. I now have problems with high level debugging due to that
>the path information in the source files in most cases are missing.
>The problem was introduced by simply updating Cygwin, ie. no changes
>in Insight/GDB.
>
>(Source paths are typically missing if the source file is located
>in the same directory as the compiler is running, something which
>is what our make system usually does. If the source file is located
>in for instance "../" relative to where the compiler is running, the
>source path is seen. I have checked the ELF file, and source paths
>are included for all files.)
>
>This is probably related to the symbol reader in GDB. I think that Cygwin
>has changed somewhat with respect to fstat() contents etc.

Try running gdb without the UI (gdb -nw) and see if the problem continues.
If you're ok without UI then it's a tcl/tk problem and you need to have a
look
at the tcl source (libgui/library ?)

HTH.

Bye.
-
Smile, damn it, smile.

lambda msg: {
        'name' : 'Miki Tebeka',
        'email' : 'mikit@zoran.co.il',
        'url' : ' http://www.cs.bgu.ac.il/~tebeka',
        'quote' : 'The only difference between children and adults is the
price of the toys'
}[msg]