How to port gdb

Hello!
  I am now planning to port gdb to a new processor with a new object file format,and I haven't done it before.
I have read the internal documentation carefully but found it far from complete,I am still wondering about how
complex the work is and how much files I must modify or create in porting.could anyone can give me a check list of
the files and tell me the complexity or give any suggest reading.
thank very much!

        ssboy
        gnufans@sina.com
          2003-09-30