Re: Shared libraries and the solib interface

Kevin Buettner wrote:

And a second question is how does a generic stub inform the GDB (workstation side) app which shared library got loaded and where or is this not necessary?

For svr4- and sunos-like shared library support, this information is
available by examining the target's memory.

It is available. I guess I didn't explain well enough.

Given that I know where/what is loaded on the target machine which is running gdbserver, how do I communicate to the workstation running gdb to load the symbol file and the addresses of the various sections?

sps