Re: Using gdb with Borland's free compiler?

Andrew Cagney wrote:

 Headers in config to add mingw32 as a target plus configure.host,
 and configure.tgt change.

FYI, there are three largely orthogonal problems here:

How does readline fit in ?

- host support (so it can be run on mingw)
Missing fork. Struct problems. This should be largely handled by configure.in.

Yes. Currently this is handled by a defined in defs.h, CANT_FORK. The file utils.c has a fork() call but no check.

- native support (so it can debug mingw programs)
The win32-nat.c changes.

This need a win32 person to look at this.

- architecture support (so it can handle mingw ISA/ABI issues) tm-*.h *.mt, *-tdep.c.

Can mingw32-tdep.c have misc type functions such as gettimeofday if the mingw runtime does not support it ?

Note that, for the last one, GDB's been restructured so that the tm-*.h file is no longer needed. If the patches still have a tm-*.h file then `why' is something to investigate further.

Ok.

Changes to configure.in.

 Change 'struct environ' to 'struct gdb_environ' as mingw has
 'environ' in a system header file as a '#define'.

If nothing else, bug report this. Fixing it should be a no-op.

Will do.

Change event-loop.c to support Win32 handles for mingw32.

 Added missing POSIX modes to gdb_stat.h plus minor changes in
 remote-fileio.c due to a different 'struct stat'. (*)

Added support for ser-tcp over winsock2 for target tcp. (*)

As a ser-winsock2 file or as mods to ser-tcp?

I added ser-mingw.c and changed ser-tcp.c to remove references to ser-unix.c functions. I then added a call to a new funtion 'ser_platform_tcp_init (ops)' to _initialize_ser_tcp and added ser_platform_tcp_init to ser-unix.c.

It could be ser-win32.c rather than ser-mingw.c.

Looking at this again I wonder if net_open and net_close should be public (ser_tcp_open/ser_tcp_close) and _initialise_ser_tcp should be in ser-unix.c. Same for ser-pipe.c.

This means configure selects either ser-unix.c or ser-mingw.c.

The net_open code needs a mingw (win32?) specific call to start the winsock dll. Shame but I see no simple solution to this.

--
 Chris Johns, cjohns at cybertec . com . au