port gdb to embedded processor:about RSP

Hello£¡
	My current plan is to port gdb to a 8-bit embedded processor with a new,instead of directly communicating with the processor,our gdb will communicate with an emulator.Now suppose the BFD has been successfully ported,I am still wondering about what in detail I need to do with the remote debugging part.In some documents,I have seen some ones
say it is a must to implement the GDB RSP(remote serial protocol),so how in detail I can do to implement it,which files of what functionality I must create or modify?  Waiting for help! Thanks!

¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡gnufans@sina.com