Re: Problem with location lists and variables on stack

> > No, but DW_AT_frame_base should be a location list describing the
> > changes in the frame base.
>
> How can we just describe "please use the CFA" and avoid duplicating
> this part of the unwind info?

Daniel Berlin has already written support for GCC to generate location
list for DW_AT_frame_base.
DW_AT_frame_base is a location list as any other (actually only the
offsets relatively to original stack pointer at function start are needed).
GDB then uses this location list to adjust offsets of other variables
addressed using stack pointer.
With Daniel Jacobowitz's fix for GDB it works :-)
i.e. you can see correct values for variables located on stack
even when stack pointer changes because of push, pop, etc.

Current GCC patch can be downloaded from:
http://artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz/~zlomj9am/download/vt-main.patch

(because currently GCC is in stage 2 it has to wait until GCC is in stage 1)

Josef