Re: tracepoint frames

On Mon, Oct 06, 2003 at 09:59:46AM -0400, Newman, Mark (N-Superior Technical Resource Inc) wrote:

> First - thanks for the response

I don't suppose you could use a mail client which quotes normally?
It's hard to see your responses.

Yes, it is.  On some architectures it's not even enough.

> > I have found that simple "print" commands will work and that "printf"
> > commands will not work unless one sets up the complete environment. Is
> > there a requirement or a preference on the part of the community as to
> > what needs to be available when analyzing a tracepoint?
>
> Probably if any additional data ought to be collected that shoud be
> implemented in the GDB client, not silently by the stub.
>
> I thought that the data was collected only in the stub when a tracepoint
> is hit.  GDB never sees the data until a "g" or an "m" protocol message
> arrives at the stub.

Right, but GDB could request more information from the stub when it
creates the tracepoint.  The stub shouldn't have to collect anything at
all that GDB didn't tell it to.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz