Re: gdb-internal: determining the type of a variable

Hi Jim,

you are right, thanks. Probably I didn't look at all type descriptions and only greped for the structure desriptions.

Roul

Jim Blandy wrote:
Roul Oldenburger <oldenburger.roul@rheinmetall-de.com> writes:

Thanks for your effort giving me your explanation!

Looking at the stabs information from our executables which are linked
From several o-files I find FILENUM being 0 for all typedescriptions.
Probably I could distinguish between the duplicate descriptions if
FILNUM would differ. Unfortunately I don't know why it is 0 all the
way?

Are you sure?  This is the kind of thing I see.  The file numbers of
the stabs for built-in types are all zero, but when you get to things
like size_t, defined in stddef.h, the file numbers are larger.