Re: SOFUN_ADDRESS_MAYBE_MISSING

eza> I tried *deleting* the definition of SOFUN_ADDRESS_.. in
eza> config/i386/tm-linux.h, and I ran the testsuite both on a stabs platform
eza> (RH 7.3) and a dwarf2 platform (RH 9) and found no differences in the
eza> testsuite results, before and after the change (of course there are
eza> the usual differences between the stabs and the dwarf2 runs).

BTW, you might already know this, but you can run stabs+ on RH 9 with:

  runtest ... --target_board unix/gdb:debug_flags=-gstabs+

I don't know the right incantation for doing this at the
"make check" level.

eza> This would require to increase the size of a minsym in all
eza> cases, by making this unconditional:

My data point is that minsym size is not important: about 0.3 megabytes
out of 80 megabytes with "gdb --readnow gdb".  Dunno about the normal
case without "--readnow" but I wouldn't worry about increasing the
size of a minsym if that helps fix a problem.

My two superficial observations,

Michael C