Re: gdb6.0 and statically linked threaded programs

> On Thu, Oct 23, 2003 at 01:33:55PM -0700, Todd.Kneisel@Bull.com wrote:
> > I just tried gdbserver and it's broken worse than native gdb. For both
> > statically and dynamically linked threaded programs, gdbserver fails
> > the same way that native gdb does for statically linked programs.
>
> Then you have gdbserver set up wrong or are using an older version -
> I've tested it recently.  You'll have to investigate more.
>
> --
> Daniel Jacobowitz
> MontaVista Software                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer

I've found that gdbserver is failing because we're on an ia64 system.
The configure.srv file uses the default srv_linux_thread_db=no for ia64
systems, which disables the code that initializes the thread layer.

I changed srv_linux_thread_db to yes and reconfigured and now the thread
layer is initialized, but breakpoints are not implemented for the ia64
in gdbserver.

We're evaluating our options now. We may go back to gdb 5 and live without
the stack traces that were fixed for ia64 in gdb 6.

Thanks for your help,
Todd Kneisel.