GDB Remote Debugging Problem

Hi all,

I have a gdb stub,running on my target.
I am able to connect to the target through TCP and debug
my debug from the host.

My Problem is
1. I get a SIGTRAP received message for every function call,
   even if I am not stepping into the function or have not set a breakpoint
in
   the function.
   I get the SRC_AND_LOC message always,when ideally I should only the
  the SRC_LINE displayed.
  eg: When I step through a function foo() in function xyz() I get

      xyx () at xyz.c:78

2. Also when a breakpoint is hit ,The don't get the Breakpoint number
   displayed.
   I get the SRC_AND_LOC displayed,but no breakpoint info.

What could be the problem.
I am using gdb 6.0 configured for i386-elf on cygwin

Could anything be possibily wrong with my gdb stub,which is
derived from the basic gdb stub.

Thanks
Kiran