Re: GDB regressions

   From: David Carlton <carlton@kealia.com>
   Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:11:48 -0800

   On Fri, 14 Nov 2003 16:57:02 -0500, Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@mvista.com> said:
   > On Fri, Nov 14, 2003 at 01:37:45PM -0800, David Carlton wrote:

   >> I just did a CVS update, and I got a whole bunch of regressions.
   >> I'll include the diff of the gdb.sums after my signatures; these
   >> have all appeared since Wednesday some time.

   > +UNSUPPORTED: gdb.threads/gcore-thread.exp: gdb does not support threads on this target

   > Why's it doing that?  Has anything else on your system changed since
   > you last ran the testsuite?

   The only thing I can think of is that I installed new versions of the
   glibc RPMs (and installed the glibc-debug rpm, which I hadn't had at
   all before, but that goes in a directory that isn't in my
   LD_LIBRARY_PATH).  So it could be a bug in them, I suppose.

It's very well possible I'm to blame for some of the problems you're
seeing (although not the thread-related ones I think).  I just
committed a patch which should fix it if I did indeed break things:

http://sources.redhat.com/ml/gdb-patches/2003-11/msg00319.html

Mark