RE: regarding transparent data ranges (in tracepoint support)

Hi Mark,

We had a similar problem and we added a hack to put in an internal
breakpoint at _fini and not at exit so that the program halts there. The
problem however is that if the debuggee exits on a SEGV for eg. the
transparent data regions cannot be queried anyways.

So the cleanest option would be to add support for PTRACE_EVENT_EXIT but
thats not available in the 2.4 series of kernels which are the ones on
which we are also working.

I am travelling for the next week and hence can't make a release without
the copyright assignment on which our firm's lawyers are working on. So
will try and make a release sometime next week after the copyright
assignment is done.

cheers
Ramana

----