Re: runtime variable view

Ramanand -

Variables are only available for a period of time -
i.e within the scope of the enclosing routine.  There
are some data objects that are available when out of
scope but hardly any data object.   Static data
objects ae normally always available.  Data objects
are only alive for a short period of time - in
addition within that time they can be in different
places.

What you are asking in general is not handled by any
debugger that I am aware of.  It may be theoretically
possible (if you associate a time - as a location -
among other things) but I am not aware of any debugger
that does this.

I have done this in other debuggers for static data
objects only.

I am modifying async mode to let one inspect trace
collected information and to momentarily stop async,
modify the tracepoint, and allow the UUT to proceed.

                       Mark Newman