Re: [commit] Deprecate remaining STREQ uses

Hi Eli,

> If you are proposing a change in the current strategy, this issue
> should be discussed (on gdb@, I guess).

Okay.

> For startesr, please define the ``long time'' after which it is okay, in
> your opinion, to deprecate a platform.

Three minor releases.

Supporting untested code costs resources because we can't upgrade the
code to use new interfaces.  If we drop untested code, it will be easier
to do work on the tested code.

If we want to drop a platform, and a user wants to keep it supported,
then they can volunteer to run the gdb test suite on it occasionally.

Michael C