Re: [commit] Deprecate remaining STREQ uses

Hi Eli,

> There's something I'm probably missing here: who is responsible for
> ``submitting test results'' for a platform?

Anybody who wants gdb HEAD to keep working on that platform.

That's usually the maintainer, but someone doesn't have to take on the
whole job of maintaining a platform to submit test results for it.

> To make this more concrete, I don't think I (or anyone else) have ever
> sent test results for the DJGPP (a.k.a. go32) target, for which I
> alone am responsible.  Does that mean you will promote starting to
> deprecate it VSN?

Yes, but not "VSN" because I am up to my neck in other bugs.

And then you will come back and say "go32 does not support running the
test suite".  And then I will say: okay, fine, can you build gdb on
go32?  Can you do "break main"?  Can you do a backtrace?  Can you print
registers?  Can you print a local variable?  Can you set a watchpoint?
Can you call a function with a double precision argument?

Can you put all that in a script and post the results to gdb-testers once a
month?

If nobody does those things for a platform, then I want to obsolete the
platform.  If anybody is actually using the platform then they can
either stay with their current gdb forever, or they can find someone to
help out with the QA process on gdb HEAD for that platform.

Michael C