Re: new demangler

On Mon, Dec 15, 2003 at 03:38:28PM -0800, David Carlton wrote:
> On 15 Dec 2003 18:33:39 -0500, Ian Lance Taylor <ian@wasabisystems.com> said:
> > David Carlton <carlton@kealia.com> writes:

> >> Thanks!  Now, when I demangle that name with just DMGL_ANSI, I get
> >> "C::CClass::operator=".  Am I going crazy, or was there once '()'
> >> stuck on the end of that?
>
> > Hmmm, I doubt there was ever '()' at the end.  I would expect to see
> > `(C::CClass const&)' at the end.
>
> Okay; I'll just stick in the DMGL_PARAMS for now, then - my tests
> start passing again with that change.  (Or I could rewrite the code
> that parses the output to not look for parentheses, I suppose.)

Do the former for now.

When I can figure out a few more points of C++ grammar - it's taken me
a *(!&#@ month so far and it's barely functional... - I'll have an
efficient solution for breaking down names into the demangler's trees.
This will let us get the information we want much more reliably.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz