HP-UX progress report

Here is where I'm at with HP-UX:

. I've given up on building gdb 6.0 as a baseline to check for
  regressions since 6.0.

. I'm working on hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.11.  I also have access to an
  hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00 machine, but I'm not actively using it yet.
  hppa*-hp-hpux 10.20 is dying in the dark.

. gdb HEAD builds after applying one readline patch (nudge Elena Z).
  I can build gdb with HP Ansi C, HP aC++, or gcc 3.3.2.

. I built all the host tools for running the testsuite (tcl, expect,
  dejagnu).  As an aside, I don't know why we keep our own versions of
  expect+dejagnu.  I just use the public releases.

. My "Migbat" test framework isn't elaborate enough to accommodate
  the diversity of HP-UX.  At some point I have to re-engineer it.
  More Perl!  More XML!

. Right now, I'm just running the test suite with some jury-rigged
  scripts.

Next I am going to hit the tests with the longest 'completed in' time
and fix their timeouts.  For instance, maint.exp takes 992 seconds to
run, because it has some tests with no '.*$gdb_prompt $' case, so they
time out.  structs.exp crashes gdb, which is great, but then it doesn't
reload a fresh gdb for each new executable, so several hundred tests are
running to timeout.

Michael C