inner block not inside outer block

I've just compiled GDB 6.0 with DJGPP (patches to fix what was broken
to follow shortly) using GCC 3.3.2, and while trying the classic
"break main; run" test in GDB debugging itself, I see several messages
like this:

   During symbol reading, inner block not inside outer block in internal_vproblem
   During symbol reading, inner block (0x1-0xffe289b8) not inside outer block (0x11b09a-0x11b2e0)
   During symbol reading, block at 0x1 out of order

I've read the description of these messages in the manual, which seems
to say that, as a user, I shouldn't worry about them.  What I'm not
sure about is what should I do as a _GDB_maintainer_.  Is this a GDB
bug? a GCC bug? something specific to the DJGPP port of either or both
of them? something else?  Should I report that somewhere or is it a
known problem?

(In case it matters, this GDB was compiled with DWARF-2 debug info.)

TIA