Re: C++ testsuite changes

On Thu, Jan 01, 2004 at 03:05:26PM -0500, Michael Chastain wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> > I noticed some PASSes that previously were XFAILs.  Is that correct?
>
> Let me have a look .... yes, these are the ptype's that I fixed.
>
> In particular, I changed the results for tests like this:
>
>   ptype class vC
>   type = class vC : public virtual vA {
>     private:
>       vA *_vb.2vA;
>     public:
>       int vc;
>       int vx;
>   }
>
> The old test would XFAIL this because gdb prints the virtual base
> pointer, _vb.2vA.  I don't consider that a bug so I don't XFAIL it
> any more.

Eh... why don't you?  It's a feature that we don't print the virtual
base pointer in recent gcc/dwarf combinations.  It could be implemented
for stabs or older gccs or whichever it is that used to xfail, but no
one has taken the time yet.

I would really prefer it if you didn't rewrite the tests to accomodate
the ABI change (a very specific change) and change all sorts of other
tests at the same time.  It makes it impossible to tell from your
patches when you make a change like this one.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz