Re: Proposal: obsolete target hppa*-hp-hpux10.*

> I don't care about hppa*-*-linux.  It's low priority for the future,
> too.  As I understand it, HP is phasing out hppa architecture in favor
> of ia64.  Their transition will take several more years and I do want to
> support hppa*-hp-hpux* for several more years.  But hppa boxes are going
> away.

Whether ia64 will survive longer than PA-RISC is hard to say.  HP
has a plan but plans can change.  I personally don't care about
HP's plans and they don't really affect my choice in supporting
PA-RISC.  It's reports like this that matter to me:

  > > Carlos, thank you for all the work you've put in over the last year
  > > and more.  We would be significantly worse off without your efforts.
  > > I'm sure many people who read this aren't aware just how much work you've
  > > put in to make PA/Linux as good as it is -- and that's a compliment.

  Same here; there are still a lot of issues with my C3000, but that does
  not mean it's not great; the machine runs and is stable, even with the
  USB and frame buffer issues.  Totally stable.  I am VERY PLEASED with
  the progress that has been made on HPPA linux; this machine is now one
  I depend on, because I know I can.

  Thanks for all the work.

Sorry for off topic response.

Dave
--
J. David Anglin                                  dave.anglin@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca
National Research Council of Canada              (613) 990-0752 (FAX: 952-6602)

PS: my i386 box isn't stable under a heavy load.