Re: branch comparison tables

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 06:07:58PM -0500, Michael Chastain wrote:
> Here are some new tables:
>
>   http://www.shout.net/~mec/sunday/2004-01-19-branch
>
> This is all four branches (6.0, HEAD, carlton_dictionary-branch,
> drow-cplus-branch) run with the test suite from gdb HEAD.
> So the compare-by-gdb tables are actually useful here.
>
> Looking at compare-by-gdb, at the sub-tables with "as=2.14, ld=2.14".
> There is not a lot of variation based on the version of binutils.
> So sub-tables #2 #3 #6 #7 #10 #11 #16 #17 #22 #23 #28 #29 ought to
> cover all the interesting information.
>
> I would like to do more of this.  Conceptually, I've got it worked out
> that the version of the gdb test suite and the version of gdb are
> independent attributes of a test run.  I just have to figure out how to
> present it usefully, and then write some more Perl.

Neat.

By the way, FYI: At this moment, the FAILs (only, not looking at the
kfails at the moment) for GCC 3.4 and GCC HEAD are in several
categories:
  - gdb bugs
  - testsuite bugs
  - java tests, blah
  - namespace issue that David is looking at

I believe that no more of them are caused by GCC.  The
multi_line_while_statement failures in your tables were, but I checked
in a fix this morning.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz