Re: Does current GDB work correctly woth gcc 3.3 (3.4)?

On Wed, Jan 28, 2004 at 07:13:36PM +0530, Ramana Radhakrishnan wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I already asked this several times before, but I got no answer:
> > Does the upcoming gcc work correctly with gcc 3.x gereated executables
> > or does the "ignore breakpoints in constructor" bug still exist.
> >

> A more polite question would work . I tried out your stuff with g++
> version 3.2 as well as cvs head for today using gdb cvs head also.
> Attached are the session logs. It works for me over here.It would be
> better if you could do something like this.
>

> > If yes, when it´s estimated to be fixed?
>
> me thinks it is already fixed. Maybe I am using a wrong test case but one
> would not know. . A proper test case would definitely help. So maybe you
> can send a better test case and hope for a reply.
>

> > I think all linux developers need this to work with gdb reliabely!
> All C++ developers need this to work with gdb reliably would be a better
> way of putting things.

It is half-fixed.  Some constructors can be breakpointed, some (for
base classes) can not.  A proper fix is still being worked on.

A whole lot of GNU/Linux and C++ developers don't seem to be crippled
by this.  It's really not that hard to work around.  Set a breakpoint
by PC if necessary.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz