Re: vB() versus vB(void)

On Tue, Feb 03, 2004 at 10:50:53PM -0500, Michael Chastain wrote:
> This is a synthetic ctor.  This happens with gcc 3.3.2 and gcc HEAD.
>
> Should I report this as a bug in gdb drow-cplus-branch,
> or should I just accept both forms as PASS?
>
> My preference is to accept both forms as PASS, but I want to check
> before I do that, in case you think that "vB(void)" is a symptom of a bug.

First of all, don't draw too many conclusions based on the output of
drow-cplus-branch.  I've been playing with it pretty freely.

Secondly, you tell me.  Which form is preferable in general - I used to
think (void) but the demangler, which I've been using as a rough style
guide lately, disagrees.  Which form is preferable for default
constructors?  Probably ().

--
Daniel Jacobowitz