Re: [MI] -file-list-exec-source-files

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 08:29:46PM -0500, Bob Rossi wrote:
> So, I have 2 solutions,
>  1. Modify the psytmab to also have the 'dirname'. Which seems
>  difficult. Although I do think this is the best solution. (Not knowing
>  to much about psymtabs and symtabs)
>
>  2. Change -file-list-exec-source-file to receive an optional filename,
>  which when doing this causes GDB to read in the symtab associated with
>  the psymtab. Then the fullname can be retrieved.

The question is whether this information is available without having to
read full symtabs.  Is this the dirname referenced in debug
information, or the dirname in which GDB has actually found the file?
I'm guessing that it's the latter, since so few debug readers bother to
fill in the former.  If so we would have to search the directory path
for every file when generating psymtabs, which isn't acceptable.  It
would take a fearsomely long time.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz