Re: [MI] -file-list-exec-source-files

On Mon, Feb 16, 2004 at 10:33:29AM -0500, Bob Rossi wrote:
> Here is the problem I am trying to solve.
>
> Any front end needs to know the absolute path to the source files. From
> what I can see, there are several ways of finding the absolute path.
> In some cases, all of this info is needed.

> So, basically, I am making an assumption, if GDB can not find the
> absolute path to the source file, the front end can not. Is this true?
> Also, why should the front ends do it, if it can be done correctly in
> one place?

Then why are you trying to return symtab->dirname at all?  Or have I
misinterpreted you, and you were returning symtab->fullname?  I don't
think symtab->dirname should be exposed in this interface.

> As far as I know, most existing front ends use annotate level 1-2-3 to
> figure out where the source file is. I just want to simplify this
> process, so that front ends can easily get the absolute path to the
> source file without having to run multiple commands, like the CLI.

This sounds like the front end is only ever interested in one source
file at a time, so that would be a more efficient design than asking
GDB to provide fullnames for every source file at once.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz