Re: execute_control_command may not remove its cleanups

Ok.  I see your point.  How about setting old_chain to cleanup_chain
unconditionally at the beginning of the function and doing the cleanups
unconditionally at the end?  That way, we're safe against both
scenarios: against doing cleanups prematurely, but also safe against
getting into the function with cleanup_chain null and then freeing
something random at a later point.

Dave