duplicate entries in -file-list-exec-source-files

Hi,

When I do

gdb -i=mi ./gdb
-file-list-exec-source-files

I get 1242 output entries that contain the fullname field.
If I run that output through sort and uniq, I get 661 fullname fields.
This means that -file-list-exec-source-files is outputting a lot of
duplicates, almost on the ratio of 2 to 1. Most of the duplicates seem
to be header files. Does GDB create a psymtab for each header, every time
it's included into a different file?

Should I handle duplicate output internal to GDB? Or let the front end
deal with it?

I am thinking GDB should deal with it. Is there an ADT that GDB contains that
I would be able to create upon entrance of my function, add an entry to the ADT
each time I output a new filename/fullname pair, then delete the ADT
when I exit my function? If this data type existed, I could easily
suppress duplicating output.

Thanks,
Bob Rossi