Re: remote protocol support for TARGET_OBJECT_AUXV

Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 09:34:16 -0500
From: Daniel Jacobowitz <drow@false.org>

> > Does anybody know what's the story here, why ENN is printed and what
> it should be? Is this perhaps a bug?

It predates my work with gdbserver. My guess is that someone saw ENN in the manual, realized that GDB didn't parse the error numbers to do anything useful, and decided not to bother coming up with some.

If so, I think we should simply remove the ENN thing (and update the
docs accordingly).  It doesn't make sense, IMHO, to print a string
that has no useful meaning.

Er, no. "Enn" as a reply packet is a fundamental part of the protocol and can't be removed. Whats lacking is the formal specification of its contents. For the moment I'd leave that part of roland's doco as is.

Andrew