Re: remote debug broken?

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 02:13:55PM -0800, Robert Trask wrote:
> Hello,
> I want to use the remote debug feature on gdb wherein I have a
> [superior] debugger running on a host system (Linux I386 pc) and an
> [inferior] debugger running on the target (embedded Linux on MIPS). I
> have tried this in gdb v5.3 and v6.0, the same behavior results.
>
> I built the superior debugger in the usual way:
> ./configure        // build for native operation

That's your problem.  To debug a MIPS target you need a MIPS debugger:
  ./configure --target=mips-linux (or mipsel-linux)

You should probably also look at the documentation for --with-sysroot
(in 6.0) or for "set solib-absolute-prefix".

If there's anywhere in the documentation that you looked before doing
this, please let us know so we can clarify it.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz