Remote debugging

Hi,

I'm trying to debug an application running on a PPC board with Linux 2.4.25.

I'm new about this kind of environment so please don't be surprised if my question seems too silly.
Using GDBServer I can run the program on the target and set breakpoints to stop a thread.
I seems to me that should be possible (I've still not experinced that) also to stop all threads of a process on the same breakpoint.

Now, is it possible someway to stop all processes running on the board?
It would be useful when debugging processes sending messages to each other.
Something similar is available using psos and VxWorks environments where all processes seems to be "freezed" at a time.

May it be useful to compile all my stuff along with Linux and then use gdb stubs normaly adopted for kernel debugging?

Thanks for your help

Luca

Get reliable access on MSN 9 Dial-up. 3 months for the price of 1! (Limited-time offer) http://click.atdmt.com/AVE/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/