Re: generating a core file

On solaris and BSD there is gcore. I assume such a thing can be found
for linux and that it can be modified to write the output to a socket
instead of a file.

I wrote a checkpoint/restore facility for a BSD a few months back, the
checkpointing part was just an extension to core dump with some extra
interfaces exported. If gcore won't do the trick you could add a
system call that would take a file descriptor and then pass that to the
core dump routine.

				-Kip