Re: Phasing out Dwarf 1?

   Date: Wed,  5 May 2004 18:01:32 -0400 (EDT)
   From: mec.gnu@mindspring.com (Michael Elizabeth Chastain)

   Solaris X86:
     Mark, can you say anything about this?  What debug format does "cc -g"
     produce on a solaris x86 machine?

Not really.  The OS doesn't come with a bundled compiler.  So I only
use GCC.  Sun's unbundled compiler on SPARC uses stabs by default,
although there is an option to generate dwarf.  I don't know whether
that's DWARF 1 or 2.  There seems to be some evidence that it's DWARF
2.  I think dropping support for DWARF 1 is acceptable for
i[3-7]86-*-solaris2*.

Mark