Re: GDB and ARM Frame Pointer strangeness

Andrew,

Im not sure what you mean by "supports and tests (gdb.asm) assembler debugging" is there a GDB command to put into "assembler debugging mode"? Or a flag that can be set? Specifically, what is the (gdb.asm) reference? Is it a document, or command, or something else? Otherwise the statement concordes with my long held beliefs about GDB.

Also, I can provide a lot of information about it, but im not sure what "sequence" you are referring to. Are you reffering to the sequence of commands I type in to GDB, the sequence of code within GDB, or a combination of the two.

Do you want me to turn on the GDB Debugging flags for the remote protocol and FP management, execute the sequence that causes the problem and then post the results?

Steven.

Andrew Cagney wrote:

(BTW, GDB already both supports and tests (gdb.asm) assembler debugging.)

Perhaphs the problem here isn't as simple as described. Can you determine exactly what sequence of events lead to those memory references?

Andrew