From: Bloch, Jack
Sent: Thursday, July 08, 2004 8:16 AM
To: gdb@sources.redhat.com
Subject: BFD causes a SIGSEGV

I have a utility that was built under a 2.4 Kernel. I am now running a stock
2.6.5 Kernel from SuSE and my utility causes a SEGV. The problem is with the
BFD utility. I have the following line of code.

   p_sym->value = bfd_asymbol_value(i_sym);

In looking at the macro definition in bfd.h, I see that this used
i_sym->base. The value in here is 0x190. The defintion of bfd_asymbol_value
did not change between my 2.4 and 2.6 Kernel.

Perhaps this is not the correct mailing list for this problem, but has
anyone seen similar problems using the BFD under 2.6.

I have version 2.15.90 of libbfd.

Jack Bloch
Siemens ICN
phone                (561) 923-6550