Re: MI level command

On Jul 11, 2004, at 3:18 PM, Nick Roberts wrote:

So anyway, Nick makes a similar change, but with the order of arguments being
"SHOW-VALUE VAROBJ-HANDLE". Ouch. He also added the --no-values and
--all-values command line arguments at the same time.

I think I *did* have the arguments the other way round initially and Andrew
Cagney advised me to reverse them.

It's not really an important detail - my gripe is more with the general way that MI commands take their arguments and how they're extended over time to handle more behaviors. There's no way you could have known that we did it differently in the Apple sources.

(and to merge the two, I changed our gdb to handle both argument styles, with the obvious problem that varobjs can't be named "1"/"0" 'cause it's ambiguous.)

I much prefer the -data-disassemble command where each piece of information is
passed with a separate command argument flag (except for its "mixed mode"
boolean integer as the optional last argument on the line, sigh).

This is one command I find awkward as it doesn't do what the CLI command
"disassemble" does. I guess it shows that we all want different things out
of the same interface.

Yeah, in our version we extended the -data-disassemble command to have the CLI type behavior as well. e.g. provide a start address and optionally the # of insns to disassemble, and -data-disassemble does what you'd expect. i.e.